Streamline your process by utilizing solder preforms. Preforms deliver precise volume and flux where needed while saving time and resources.
Array serves a multitude of industries such as electronics, interconnect, hermetic packaging, defense, aerospace, cable & harness just to name a few.
Array manufactures engineered solder materials used in assembly. From wire to ribbon, bar to flux, we have you covered.
Array Solders is committed to providing impeccable quality of service to its customers. To achieve this, we continuously strive to improve processes, products & services that exceed customer satisfaction.
In addition to producing a complete spectrum of solder materials, Array Solders also creates gold preforms for die attach and lid seal applications. It should be noted that gold germanium (88au/12ge) and gold tin (80au/20sn) are eutectic alloys, meaning their melting and solidification points are both 278°C. High temperature solders 80au20sn and 88au12ge can also be categorized as brazing alloys.
Gold Tin Facts (80au/20sn)
- 40,000 PSI shear strength
- 278°C melting point (eutectic)
- Excellent thermal fatigue properties
- Excellent sealing
- RoHS compliant
- Resistant to alkaline corrosion
- High thermal conductivity 0.57 W/cmC @ 85°C
- Low thermal coefficient of expansion 16ppm/cmC @ 85°C
Gold Germanium Facts (88au/12ge)
- 356°C melting point
- Excellent creep resistance
- Excellent thermal conductivity
- 185000 tensile strength
- CTE, linear 7.22 µin/in-°F @Temperature
Gold Preforms are Used in the Following Applications
- Heat sinks
- Lead frames
- Microelectronic packaging
- Lead pins
- Wetting Laser Optics
- Sealing laser optics
- Thermal interfaces
Gold Preforms Process Advantages
- Typically gold preforms does not require any flux or chemical acid etch treatment
- Flows well on gold plated substrates
- Does not scavenge gold
- Excellent cosmetic appearance
- Gold preforms can be tack welded onto lids so that lids can be obtained with positioned preforms called combo lids
Available in the Following Forms
Please note that minimum thickness differs depending on the dimensions and characteristics of the preform in question.